At the edge of the world in Thailand’s most breathtaking archipelago, two adventurous travelers (Jon Neff and Kevin Kaiser) met and began a friendship that would lead to the creation of Grand Trunk. Grand Trunk knows that travel is the greatest opportunity for self-discovery and in order to celebrate 10 years of providing the world with goods for roads less traveled, we have decided to sponsor student travelers with our Grand Trunk 2012 Study Abroad Scholarship.
Referred to as the ‘river of life,’ the Grand Trunk Road (or GT Road) is a manmade wonder of the Indian Subcontinent. Built in the 3rd century, it connects India to Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. Some of history’s famous travelers, such as Alexander the Great and Sher Shah Suri, used the road to defy impossible odds and discover new lands. It is this beauty of discovery that drives Grand Trunk to produce quality goods.
We are seeking college students who have a unique and inspired passion for travel, who have the desire to experience new places with an open mind, who see the delicate interconnections between humankind and nature, and have a deep understanding of intercultural relations.
The chosen students will be awarded the Grand Trunk Ambassador position and will be tasked with charting their study abroad experience through blog postings, videos, and photographs. In addition to scholarship awarded, the Grand Trunk Ambassadors will be outfitted with Grand Trunk products to support their adventure. The winners will be required to promote their experience via the Grand Trunk blog. Grand Trunk will suggest topics for the student if requested, but the travelogue content will ultimately be in the control of the traveler.
Potential scholarship winners will submit a 2-3 video that will be displayed within our contest voting platform. From there, each participant will begin to promote their video to their friends, family, and others. The public voting will narrow our contest down to six finalists, from which Grand Trunk and our partners will select the three winners.
$2000 Scholarship and $1000 prize pack
$1500 Scholarship and $1000 prize pack
$1000 Scholarship and $1000 prize pack
- Canon Power Show A2200 14.1 megapixel camera w/ video ($139.99)
- Grand Trunk Double Parachute Nylon Hammock ($59.99)
- Grand Trunk Bamboo Blend Sleep Sack ($69.99)
- Grand Trunk Bamboo Blend Bed Sheet ($69.99)
- Grand Trunk Bamboo Blend Towel ($39.99)
- Grand Trunk Bamboo Blend Pillow Case ($19.99)
- Grand Trunk Parasheet Beach, Festival, & Picnic Blanket x 2 ($39.99)
- Grand Trunk Uinta Quick-Set Tent ($229.99)
- Grand Trunk Adjustable Travel Pillow- XL ($39.99)
- Grand Trunk Stainless Steel Water Bottle ($13.99)
- Grand Trunk Eco Travel Bags x 3 ($35.97)
- Grand Trunk Portable Chopsticks ($19.99)
- Grand Trunk Tree Slings with Tree Protectors ($17.99)
- Grand Trunk Nano-7 Hammock ($79.99)
- Grand Trunk Single Parachute Nylon Hammock ($49.99)
- Grand Trunk Mozzy Net ($79.99)
- Grand Trunk Tiffin Box 14cm x 3 tier ($39.99)
- Grand Trunk Lunch Box ($19.99)
Oct. 1st to Oct. 31st
Submission Phase – Students Submit long form application & upload video
Nov. 1st to Nov. 30th
Voting Phase – All videos go live & voting begins
Dec. 1st to Dec. 15th
Decision Time – 6 Finalist announced & Final winners determined by GT & sponsors
For more information or questions, please contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at (847) 763-0005